Introduction to Chalk Painting
Introduction to Chalk PaintIng
Classes are located at 908 S. Washington Ave. Emmett.
- Saturday Jan. 23 1:00-4:00 pm
You’ll be amazed how easy it is to transform furniture and decor with Dixie Belle Chalk-Mineral Paint. In most cases no sanding stripping or priming is necessary - just clean and paint!
In this beginners workshop, you’ll learn:
- What makes Dixie Belle Paint unique; types of projects you can use it on; etc.
- How to clean and prep your piece
- When sanding, stripping or priming primer may be necessary; how to choose a primer, and applying primers.
- Single-color paint technique and tips for success
- Distressing for a vintage look
- Sealing with clear coat
- Sealing and antiquing with colored wax
The focus of this class is on learning the techniques and tips so you can successfully paint furniture and decor on your own.
We will be using Dixie Belle products on sample boards. While you may take your sample boards home, we will not be making a take-home project in this class.
All supplies are included; you don’t need to bring anything.
These photo are examples of what you can create using Dixie Belle paint. You will not be creating these projects in class.
- For ages 14+
- Children (14+) must be accompanied by a registered/paid adult
- Please do not bring pets or non-registered children
- Class sizes are limited. Registering secures your spot in class and registration fees are not refundable. If you cannot attend a class you may relieve a voucher for 50% off your next class.
- If you require any special accommodations, please notify me in advance.