You can create a variety of amazing looks with the patina collection. Here's how it works:
1. If painting over metal (only if painting over metal) apply Prime Start. This prevents the patina activators from further activating the metal.
2. Paint with one coat of Patina Paint and let dry.
3. Paint a second coat of Patina Paint. While that coat is still wet, spray with Patina Spray.
4. Allow 2-3 hours for the patina to dry and develop. You may not see anything at first, but trust me - you will. Just be patient.
- Iron Paint + Green Spray = Rust (my personal favorite!)
- Copper Paint + Green Spray = Copper Patina Green
- Copper Paint + Blue Spray = Copper Patina Blue
- Bronze Paint + Green Spray = Bronze Patina Green
- Bronze Paint + Blue Spray = Bronze Patina Blue
- I don't recommend the Iron Paint with Blue Spray. You'll see little effect.
- Try the Patina Paints without the sprays for a rich copper, bronze or iron look.
- Try mixing some Sea Spray in with the paint to give it some texture.
- Try layering the paint and spray colors for extra interest.
- You can paint first with a base coat of Dixie Belle paint, if desired, then use the patina paint/spray.